Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scout's Diary 1

July 12th, 1936 another humid evening
It has been a while since I’ve touched my diary because nothing special happened. Finally, something happened two weeks ago. I met Miss Rachel Haverford’s nephew, Dill. He is seven years old but he acts much younger than his age. He said that he can also read but Jem said that was not special. Jem said that I could read since I was born (so take that Dill!). The three of us now always play together. We played our role play game again and again because we loved it at first. We don’t play it anymore because Jem said it was boring.
Although Jem and I kept warning Dill, he seemed to be interested about Boo Radley’s place. He often stared at the creepy house from the light-pole. I cannot understand why Dill was so fascinated to that ghost house; that house freaks me out. Jem told me a lot of hearsay about Boo Radley who was locked in the basement. Jem said that Boo tried to kill his father and he once scratched on our back screen. We don't really talk about the Radleys because they are rarely around during the day and I just know they are evil. Three days ago, Dill dared Jem to  enter Radley’s yard and touch the house. At first, Jem ignored Dill’s dare and said that he wouldn’t play such a game because he needed to protect me (I thought Jem was really going to pee his pants). Dill continued to taunt Jem of being a scaredy cat. I couldn’t believe it. Today, Jem accept the dare to win “The Gray Ghost” novel. Everything happened in a flash. Jem ran like the wind. After a blink, we were already home. I could not believe that Jem really made it! I hope nothing bad or scary will happen to us (cross our fingers).

No comments:

Post a Comment